CITY FIT PROJECT
"Frykasy z Kodnia" tasting centre/restaurant
"Frykasy z Kodnia" tasting center/restaurant is all about people and great food celebration.
The title name of the place refers to a small Polish family business, known for its' unique and traditional approach towards preparing products and dishes.
The design of the space was made to reflect the character of the company and simultaneously enhance the benefits of the host building. Aimed at complementing the products displayed and served, the interior is kept in rustic style with folk elements. Internal area combines tasting area, restaurant with bar, small shop and separate floor dedicated for food production and storage.
Location: 24/32 Wyndham Arcade, Cardiff
Three floors commercial space with views onto Mill Lane and Wyndham Arcade in Cardiff City Centre. Having an odd, uneven shape and front facade listed it poses a great challenge for any designer. With little direct sunlight during the year, it requires a lot of careful consideration of interior design aspects.
1. Windows in the tasting area on both floors and made out of smart glass, which can display pictures and videos of beautiful nature, in order to enhance the tasting experience.
2. Walls near toilets and covered with color changing wallpaper that reacts to heat.
3. The basement floor is mainly devoted for food production and storage.
4. The first floor has two different levels.
5. The restaurant + tasting area can accommodate up to 90 visitors at once.